Human Resource Specialist
Job Code: MBI 200
Headquartered in Davis, CA, Marrone Bio Innovations (MBI) (NASDAQ: MBII) is a global provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products for the agriculture, turf and ornamental, and water treatment markets. The company’s effective and environmentally responsible biopesticides help customers around the world operate more sustainably while controlling pests, improving plant health, and increasing crop yields. Industry pioneers and experts in the field of natural products, MBI is dedicated to discovering, developing, and marketing better biopesticides that support a better tomorrow.
The job of Human Resources Specialist was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the delivery of human resource services with specific responsibility for providing information to employees regarding policies and regulations; addressing a variety of issues and/or providing general support; maintaining records, files and databases of personnel actions, evaluations, and longevity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs a wide variety of personnel policies and programs regarding employees (e.g. advertising positions, processing offer letters, recruitment, reviewing incoming resumes, separation, verifying employment, orientation, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to MBI’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates with other employees and departments for the purpose of providing information and assistance concerning employment.
- Conducts employee orientation, training and ongoing training (e.g. introducing personnel, payroll, and assisting with enrollment forms, expectations, policies and procedures, employment benefits, and time off request for the purpose of ensuring employees are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes as well as completion of forms.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. personnel records, employee lists, etc.) for the purpose of providing accurate information.
- Participates in meetings that involve a range of issues (e.g. personnel actions, etc.) for the purpose of developing recommendations and/or supporting other staff.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, data inputting, telephoning, taking messages, responding to written and verbal inquires, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the needs of the department.
- Prepares a variety of reports and related documents (e.g. verification requests of employment, folders, paperwork, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation and information to others.
- Processes documents, and data, (e.g. Human Resources Information System, etc.).
- Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel and/or identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan.
- Serves as a liaison to the HR Manager, attend and/or participates in committees and/or organizations on behalf of the Human Resources Manager for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for operations and to resolve concerns.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by follow organization standards.
- Assist the HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects
- Assist HR Manager with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR Manager
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning HR Department
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential function of this position:
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentially, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing – the individual priorities and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; operating standard office equipment; planning and managing projects; utilizing pertinent software applications; budgeting and cost control; facilitating meetings; interpersonal aptitude; and record keeping.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. English grammar/punctuation/ spelling/vocabulary; and office equipment/software.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: meeting schedules/deadlines; adaptability/flexibility communication with persons of diverse backgrounds/ knowledge/ skills; confidentiality; dealing with frequent interruptions; decision making; detail oriented; innovation; multitasking; organizing; prioritization; reliability; taking initiative; and teamwork. Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 Human Resource experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to sit at a desk and/or computer for extended periods.
- Ability to life at least 20-25 pounds
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to concentrate for up to 4 hours
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings.
An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking “out of the box” will be highly valued in this role.
The salary range is competitive. MBI offers a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and a health plan including medical and dental coverage, life insurance coverage, long term disability, and a flexible spending account for dependent care and/or medical expenses. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus plan.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
MBI is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Please submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com referencing the job code.
Please submit cover letter and CV referencing the job code to: