MBI—The Future of Pest Management
Marrone Bio Innovations (MBI) is dedicated to advancing the pest management industry with effective and environmentally responsible bio-based pest management and plant health products. MBI’s products promote plant health and control weeds, plant diseases and pests in agriculture, turf and ornamental, and water applications. Used around the globe, MBI’s high-performance, competitively-priced solutions help customers improve productivity and profitability, operate more sustainably, and reduce risk in their operations.
With the power to work independently or synergistically with chemical pesticides, MBI’s products:
- Increase the effectiveness of conventional chemical pesticides
- Are safe and environmentally friendly
- Are competitive in both price and efficacy
- Aid in resistance management as they are less likely to result in the development of pest resistance
- Help reduce resistance buildup to chemical pesticides
- Are compatible with existing pest control equipment/infrastructure
- Are viable alternatives where conventional chemical pesticides are subject to regulatory restrictions
- Meet residue restrictions and market requirements in agricultural and water markets
- Improve operational efficiencies
Through its proprietary discovery and development platform and strategically in-licensed technologies, MBI has developed a pipeline of advanced and early-stage products. Within the first two years of operation, MBI received EPA approval for its first biofungicide, REGALIA®, which was named the 2009 Best New Biopesticide by Agrow. The company also markets two additional EPA approved products—GRANDEVO®, a broad-spectrum bioinsecticide that was named Agrow’s Best New Biopesticide in 2012, and ZEQUANOX®, the industry’s first naturally derived product to selectively control invasive zebra and quagga mussels. ZEQUANOX has also been recognized as ground-breaking and one of the most innovative products in the water treatment segment.
With more candidates in the pipeline, including an EPA-approved bioherbicide and a bioinsecticide that was submitted to the EPA, an algaecide, two nematicides, a biofumigant, a biofungicide, a nutrient uptake enhancer, and additional insecticides, herbicides and fungicides, MBI is poised to continue to meet the growing global demand for safer, more sustainable solutions that address today’s most challenging pest problems.